We specialise in harmonising people, processes and technology.
We provide digital, innovation and advisory services to end-to-end HR and Payroll, Finance and Accounts, Procurement, Pensions Administration and Resourcing Services. These services improve customer experience, while delivering smarter public services.
Government is SSCL’s largest sector. We optimise digital technology to enhance the delivery of critical business support services in Finance and Accounting, HR, Pensions Administration, Payroll, Procurement, Contact Centres and Learning Services.
Our expertise comes from a long experience of working with Government – and the fact that many of our colleagues are former civil and public servants themselves. This gives us a deep understanding of our clients’ plans, priorities and processes and enables SSCL to offer unique insights and solutions.
We’re particularly proud of our track record of innovation. We’re delivering more digital, automated solutions and developing smarter processes and offering more Cloud-based solutions.
Our powerful combination of the right people with the right technology and ongoing innovation is allowing us to improve user experience, offer value, enhance quality and ultimately deliver better outcomes.
Some big facts about our work for Government. We:
- Have delivered savings of more than £400 million since 2013
- Process over £363 billion in payments each year
- Process 6.77 million transactions each year
- Process 1.5 million invoices each year
- Process over 1.2 million recruitment applications each year
- Provide services for around 300,000 customers
- Pay 550,000 public servants each year
- Provide shared services for 22 departments and agencies.
We’re a strategic delivery partner for the Metropolitan Police Service, offering automation and innovative digital technology solutions that extend beyond typical Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services.
SSCL always puts police professionals and their challenging roles at the heart of every service we provide. We see ourselves as part of the policing family and understand how to support complex 24/7 blue-light services.
We have a track record of devising intuitive solutions that minimise training times and capture users’ knowledge to produce the tools they need for their roles. For example, we developed and delivered a digital app to support the management of assaults on police officers – an issue that’s high on the agenda of every police force today.
SSCL delivers technology transformation – bringing all the benefits of a technology suite approach but with just one partner to manage the process. With the savings made from these efficiencies, more funds are released for frontline services.
We have worked closely with the Metropolitan Police since 2015 delivering these core services:
- HR & Payroll
- Customer contact
- IT Operations
- HR Case management
- Diversity and Inclusion programmes
- Pensions administration
SSCL is playing a central role in delivering the MOD’s vision to transform core payroll, HR and pensions services for 230,000 military personnel and reservists and one million veterans.
Following a successful service transfer and the ongoing delivery of excellent BAU services our focus is increasingly on transformation and value-adding technology, providing new platforms and more modern methods of working.
We’re introducing digital access to services such as pensions and compensation that will hugely enhance the experience of service users and better enable self-service. Smartphone-accessible web pages will enable our customers to connect to services more directly, including via an enhanced Veterans Portal.
A key part of this work is to move services to the Cloud, making future changes quicker, smoother and less costly and supporting decision-making by improving users’ access to accurate, well-structured management information and data.
Some big facts about our Defence work:
- 700,000 case files stored safely and securely
- 410,000 pension payments processed each month
- 123,000 service personnel wills safely and securely stored
Managing high volume recruitment while making the candidate experience feel personal and efficient are what makes our resourcing services offer so successful.
SSCL engineers rigorous, future-focused resourcing solutions which help your digital and workforce transformation. Clients across Government, Police and Defence trust us to make a measurable impact through everything from tailored candidate attraction strategies to data-powered applicant tracking systems.
By using automation for some parts of the process our services maximise human impact in places where it matters most. We know there is no one-size-fits-all route to successful hiring, so we create tailored journeys for your specific needs. Using insight to inform decision-making, digitising existing systems and introducing innovative technologies are all integral to our services.
With over 10,000 recruitment campaigns launched and 98% applicant satisfaction achieved, our expertise is proven.
Some 2021 delivery achievements from SSCL Resourcing Services:
- We’ve attracted more than 800,000 candidates to apply for new positions
- We’ve delivered more than 230,000 1st stage selection interventions such as Situational Judgement Tests, Game Based Behavioural Tests or Situational Behaviour Tests
- We’ve arranged, conducted or reviewed more than 94,000 digital or face to face interviews
- We’ve invited more than 40,000 candidates to one of our Online Assessment Centres
- We’ve issued more than 52,000+ offers of employment!
There were 252 working days in 2021, during which we:
- Attracted more than 3174 candidates per day
- Administered 912 assessments per day
- Arranged more than 373 interviews per day
- Put more than 158 candidates through an assessment centre per day
- Delivered 206 offers per day.
Innovation & Advisory Services
Innovation & Advisory Services
Innovation & Advisory Services
We specialise in digital transformation, implementing modern operating models, business change programme delivery and using data analytics to inform strategy and continual improvement. Our mission is to help clients benefit from SSCL’s shared services by combining the benefits of consistent, scalable delivery and next-generation technology. The SSCL Intelligent ecosystem is capable of integration with any operating platform, offering innovative business and service solutions.
Innovation & Advisory Services
You will benefit from informed, impartial and independent advice which is grounded in operational reality.
Fuelled by growing client demand and the innovative technology solutions we have built through a wide range of successful assignments, this sector is growing fast.
With unique insights into internal operations, access to SSCL service and technical expertise, we are easy and quick to procure.
Our experienced consultants are steeped in the unique issues, challenges and opportunities facing our clients and can mobilise quickly and hit the ground running.
We work closely with SSCL delivery colleagues in order to deliver a genuine end-to-end transformation service that’s grounded in operational reality, enabling you to get better value from our services.
All our consultants have great technical knowledge, a strong delivery focus and excellent relationship-building skills. We can help you with all aspects of your transformation journey.
We generally work with our clients in two ways. We can help you to define and design new services that SSCL, or possibly other suppliers, then go on to deliver. Or we review and change existing processes, which often involves getting to the root cause of recurring problems, so that we improve the end user experience and/or reduce costs.
We’ve got a particular competence in driving improvements within end-to-end HR and finance target operating models, providing the business change expertise to embed new ways of working and to realise benefits.
Current areas of focus for SSCL Innovation & Advisory Services include:
- Business change management – Embedding process, technical and organisational changes to deliver intended benefits.
- Customer Experience Maturity – Building strategies, measurements and culture to improve the way the customers perceive your services.
- Target Operating Model – Choosing the right blend of people, process and technologies to help you bridge the gap between strategy and execution.
- Continuous Improvement and RPA – Leaning, improving and automating processes to enable you to reduce costs while maintaining excellent service.
- Data Management – Reviewing data strategies, analytics and governance to ensure you are empowered to make informed decisions.
- Strategic Workforce Planning – Supporting you to assess and develop your workforce capabilities (resource levels, talent and skills) against your strategic objectives.
Do talk to us about our free sense-making sessions, where we can help you with your initial thinking when tackling business challenges.
Read our HMCTS case study about how we redesigned and simplified processes to enable savings.