We specialise in harmonising people, processes and technology.
We provide digital, innovation and advisory services to end-to-end HR and Payroll, Finance and Accounts, Procurement, Pensions Administration and Resourcing Services. These services improve customer experience, while delivering smarter public services.
Empowering the UK Government to deliver great results
Government is SSCL’s largest sector. At SSCL, we optimise the power of digital to enhance the delivery of critical services for Government across Finance and Accounting, HR, Pensions Administration, Payroll, Procurement, Contact Centres and Learning Services.
A track record of success in Government
Our success comes from our long experience of working with Government. Many SSCL people are former civil and public servants themselves. This ensures we have a deep understanding of Government plans, priorities and processes, enabling us to offer unique insights and design solutions that deliver great results.
Smart, cloud-based solutions
We’re particularly proud of our track record of innovation. We’re delivering a broad range of digital, automated solutions, developing smarter processes and offering more Cloud-based solutions to make Government services even more effective.
The powerful combination of the right people with the right technology and ongoing innovation allows us to enhance the citizen experience, offer value, enhance quality and ultimately deliver better outcomes for all.
Some big facts about our work for Government. Each year we:
- Process over £363 billion in payments
- Process 6.77 transactions
- Process 1.5 million invoices
- Process over 1.2 million recruitment applications
- Provide services for around 300,000 customers
- Pay 550,000 public servants
- Provide shared services to 22 departments and agencies.
Since 2013, we have delivered savings to Government of more than £400 million.
SSCL’s partnership with CITB is dedicated to ensuring the construction workforce has the right skills for now and the future. The SSCL team create positive experiences by making every customer journey and interaction, simple, straightforward, and easy.
Our solutions and services manage Levy & Grants, Apprenticeships, Learning & Development along with CITB’s IT Infrastructure, and through this we put our Client & their Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our joint objectives include improving exemplar customer service, improving access to grants & funding & improving end to end customer journeys and experience.
Our commitment to CITB is to provide high speed quality services in a cost effective and efficient manner. Our approach is to create a collaborative joint working environment that that fosters mutual value and positively impacts the CITB Mission Statement and has a dynamic impact on their long-term strategy:
- Building a stronger board-level relationship
- SSCL are viewed as Partner of choice for all BPO solutions
- Developing a “single voice” for relationship and growth management
- Leveraging input and experience from cross functional teams
- Ensure the SSCL team work together to ensure CITB meets its business needs
- Determine solutions that are important for joint success and deliver an agreed ROI
- Immediately addresses the drive to deliver self-service, automated and digitised services.
Interested? To find out more about our innovative work within Government, get in touch here.
Working in partnership with the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS)
We’re proud to be a strategic delivery partner for the MPS.
We work alongside the MPS, offering a broad range of automation and innovative delivery solutions that extend beyond typical Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services.
We always put police professionals and their challenging roles at the heart of every service we provide. We see ourselves as part of the policing family and understand how to support complex 24/7 blue-light services.
A collaborative partnership with a mindset of continual improvement
We have a track record of designing and developing intuitive solutions that minimise training times and capture users’ knowledge to produce the tools they need for their roles.
Single partner approach delivers major savings
SSCL delivers a complete technology transformation. We bring all the benefits of a technology suite approach as a single partner, with the capability to manage the entire process. The savings made from these efficiencies mean that even more funds are released for frontline, citizen facing services.
Delivering business-critical services with assurance
We have worked closely with the MPS since 2015 delivering a range of core services including:
- HR and Payroll
- Customer Contact
- IT Operations
- HR Case Management
- Diversity and Inclusion programmes
- Pensions Administration
To find out more about our work with the MPS and our range of innovative technology solutions, get in touch here.
Transforming highly secure financial services across the Ministry of Defence (MOD)
SSCL plays a central role in delivering the MOD’s vision to transform core payroll, HR and pensions services for 230,000 military personal and reservists and 1 million veterans.
We operate a wholly safe and secure service with ALL records and data protected to the highest levels.
New platforms, modern processes and increased accessibility
Following a successful service transfer in 2020, we assured the ongoing delivery of excellent business as usual (BAU) services. We are currently focused on delivering transformation and value adding technology, providing new platforms and more modern methods of working.
We’re introducing digital access to services, such as pensions and compensation. These will hugely enhance the user experience and better enable self-service. We’re also working to deliver smartphone-accessible web pages to enable users to connect to services more directly including via an enhanced Veterans Portal.
Cloud services deliver better and quicker decision making
A key part of this work is to move services to the Cloud, making future changes quicker, smoother and less costly. Cloud services will also support better decision-making by improving access to accurate, well-structured management information and data.
We’re proud of our work at the MOD. Here are a few facts and stats:
- 700,000 case files stored safely and securely
- 410,000 pension payments processed each month
- 123,000 service personal wills safely and securely stored
To find out more about our range of highly secure financial services for the MOD, get in touch here.
Accelerate workforce transformation and meet recruitment goals
Managing high volume recruitment while making the candidate experience feel personal and efficient is what makes our resourcing services so successful. SSCL delivers rigorous, future-focused resourcing solutions that accelerate your digital and workforce transformation and ensure you meet your recruitment goals.
Trusted to recruit the right candidates for diverse roles
Clients across Government, Police and Defence trust us to recruit the right candidates for the right roles. We make a clear and measurable impact throughout the entire recruitment process, from tailored candidate attraction strategies, interviews and rigorous assessments through to data powered application tracking systems.
Automation and innovative technology deliver major efficiencies
By using automation for some parts of the process our services maximise human impact in the places it matters most. We know there is no one-size-fits-all route to successful hiring. That’s why we create tailored recruitment journeys to meet your specific needs.
We use data insights to inform decision-making, digitising existing systems and introducing innovative technologies to deliver an efficient and effective recruitment solution.
Proven recruitment expertise and success
We have managed over 10,000 recruitment campaigns and achieved 98% application satisfaction.
- We attracted more than 800,000 candidates to apply for new positions
- We delivered more than 230,000 1st stage selection interventions such as Situational Judgement Tests, Game Based Behavioural Tests or Situational Behaviour Tests
- We arranged, conducted or reviewed more than 94,000 digital or face to face interviews
- We invited more than 40,000 candidates to one of our Online Assessment Centres
- We issued more than 52,000+ offers of employment!
To find out more about how we can accelerate your recruiting programmes, get in touch here.
Informed, impartial and independent advice
Our highly experienced advisors understand the unique issues, challenges and opportunities you face. They have deep technical and business knowledge, a strong delivery focus and excellent relationship-building skills. This means we can hit the ground running, working alongside your teams to design new processes and solutions that deliver amazing outcomes.
Enriching the user experience whilst reducing costs
We specialise in end-to-end transformation, implementing modern operating models and business change programmes that are grounded in operational reality. We use advanced data analytics to inform strategy and deliver continual improvement.
Everything we do is focused on enriching the user experience whilst improving efficiency and reducing costs. We are particularly strong in HR and finance business areas, driving improvements end-to-end across the whole operating model. We deliver the business change expertise needed to embed new ways of working that deliver the full realisation of significant business benefits.
Delivering what you need, when you need it
- We can review your existing processes, getting to the root cause of recurring problems and recommend new and transformational ways of working.
- We can help you to define and design brand new services to meet your goals and objectives. We can then design and deliver these services using SSCL technology or work alongside other incumbent suppliers to ensure they meet your priorities and timescales.
- We adapt our approach to each situation and use all appropriate methodologies, such as Lean, Six Sigma, Agile, Prince2 etc.
- Best of all, given our existing presence across the public sector, we are easy and quick to procure, so we can start working with you straight away.
Current areas of focus for SSCL Advisory Services include:
- Business Change Management: Embedding process, technical and organisational changes to deliver intended benefits.
- Customer Experience Maturity: Building strategies, measurements and culture to improve the way customers perceive your services.
- Target Operating Model: Choosing the right blend of people, processes and technologies to help you bridge the gap between strategy and execution.
- Continuous Improvement: Streamlining, improving and automating processes to enable you to reduce costs while maintaining excellent service.
- Data Management: Reviewing data strategies, analytics and governance to ensure you are empowered to make informed decisions.
- Strategic Workforce Planning: Supporting you to assess and develop your work force capabilities (resource levels talent and skills) against your strategic objectives.
Book one of our free ‘sense-making’ sessions by contacting us via our Contact form. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about how we can help you with your initial thinking when tackling business challenges
Want to find out more? Take a look at our case study from HMCTS showing how we redesigned and simplified processes that delivered major savings.
Procure Our Services
Procure Our Services
Procure Our Services
Procure Our Services
Crown Commercial Services (CCS) is the biggest public procurement organisation in the UK and helps the UK’s public sector save money when buying common goods and services by allowing buyers to get the best commercial deals in the interests of taxpayers. CCS supports the public sector to achieve maximum commercial value when processing common goods and services. In 2020/21, CCS helped the public sector to achieve commercial benefits equal to £2.04bn – supporting world-class public services that offer best value for taxpayers.
By going through CCS you know that SSCL has already been pre-approved and vetted to deliver services in that framework.
|G-Cloud 12 (RM1557.12)||Purchase cloud-based computing services such as hosting, software and cloud support, including many off-the-shelf, pay-as-you-go cloud solutions.|
|DOS 5 (RM1043.7)||Using teams or individuals to build and support the digital transformation of public services.|
|Back Office Software(BOS) (RM6194)||Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for back office applications, for deploying either in the cloud, on premise or hybrid. Available for all public sector organisations.|
|Software Design and Implementation Services (SDIS) (RM6193)||Find the skills and services you need to deploy new cloud-based back office systems or upgrade legacy IT systems.|
|Outsourced Contact Centre and Business Services (RM6181)||Access contact centre solutions including people, technology and consultancy and business services including HR, source-to-pay, payroll and financial accounting.|
|Management Consultancy Framework Three (MCF3) (RM6187)||Access to consultancy including business, strategy and policy, finance, HR, procurement, health/social care and community, infrastructure and environment.|
|Grant Administration Services DPS (RM6172)||A dynamic purchasing system (DPS) to buy a full range of services for grant administration.|
|Permanent Recruitment 2 (RM6229)||All public sector organisations can access recruitment services to hire permanent, fixed term and internal secondment roles through recruitment agencies.|
|Debt Resolution Services||Public sector customers can access debt recovery and associated services including data, fraud and error, litigation and spend analysis recovery.|